They are spiritually alive and have made a decision to follow Christ but that's as far as they've gotten. They can be characterized by statements or questions such as:
- I need to go to church regularly? I've never heard that before.
- I need to pray regularly and read the bible regularly? I've never heard that before. How would I do that?
- I didn't know the Bible said that.
- Tithing? What's that?
- I've always connect with God through nature. Being out-doors is my church.
- I don't need anyone else. It's just me and Jesus.
- I need someone to regularly care for me.
- I know Jesus is God, but isn't karma real too?
- Trinity? Huh? Now you've got me confused.
- My wife and I just got baptized, and on the way home from church we got into a big fight. What's up with that? I thought Jesus was supposed to take care of all our problems.
If you find yourself in the infant stage, joining a Home Group would benefit you.